View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I tried the corpse pose after dinner last night and found it gave me more relief than the other things I have tried the past two weeks (hot showers, stretching, heating packs, propping my arm and splints). I also got into the corpse position last night in bed and was able to get four hours of sleep. This little bit of sleep has helped me cope much better today with the pain.

What I don't understand is when I stand up, or mostly sit on the couch, the pain and 'pinched nerve' feeling comes right back and is very miserable. Why does the nerve irritation let up so much in the corpse position, but not when sitting with my arm supported on a pillow at my side? Is this why you suggest trigger point releases? My husband tried to push on that lump at the top of my shoulder/neck and it hurt so much I couldn't take it. Perhaps I need to get the Sharon Butler book.

I have tried PT twice in the past 18 months. The first PT made the swelling in my arm so much worse by forcing stretches. The second PT did not do much. She kept looking up TOS on her Iphone to get ideas for me. She was nice but did not have experience with TOS. I wonder how to find a PT with this type of experience.
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote