View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow and Great!

Liza Jane,
What fun! I love ping-pong and you are right, it's well....fun. It really keeps your mind off things. And I agree with you about finding something that is fun.

I don't remember if I told you all about my jewelry designing. It wasn't work, it was well..fun. I decided that I could try to do it again, maybe in a limited way but I could do it. So I contacted the little boutique here that is really an upscale store catering to all the local gentry, and asked her if she had room for me. She not only had room to display my creations and sell them, but she is having me make jewelry for the store. I am so excited about being able to do this again. It isn't so much about selling them for profit, it's the act of creating. Taking raw stuff and making something beautiful.

Yesterday I wanted to go to one of the local bead stores in a neighboring town. But it is about 50 miles away. I haven't driven out of town in about two years now. My husband was unavailable occupied with his tax work and didn't have the cell phone on. My good buddy was unavailable occupied with substitute teaching. I was frustrated. I really wanted to go.

After thinking about it for a very little while, I decided I was going anyway. I drove about 50 miles and just fed my soul in the bead shop. So many colors, so many stones, so many new things. I was in heaven. After making my purchases, I drove the same route home. My backside hurt, my eyes were tired, and I shook a little, but I felt so very very good.

I agree, do something fun. Something you really really want to do. It may hurt but you will feel oh so good!
Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote