View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, here's what I did today. I was concerned from all the postings I have read about the need for a pump during an infusion, and the fact that the BioScript Infusion Company said "no, you really don't have to have a pump", and the nurse I spoke to on the phone said the same thing, so, just to make sure, I phoned up Alan's neurologist and spoke to Zoya. His neuro is ill and won't be back until the 11th, and we have an appointment with her on the 12th. I told Zoya that I just wanted to make sure that Dr. Goldfarb was aware that the infusion company is not using a pump but that they will be using an IV drip. Zoya said that they were completely satisifed with the company that does their infusions and that they never had a problem with anyone and that I should not worry. She said she couldn't contact Alan's neuro because she won't be in the office until the 11th.

So since I can't do anything, we will just have to see what happens on Monday and Tuesday and how Alan reacts. He had no problem in the hospital because the pump broke and they just did the IV drip. He was fine on the drip. During his 5 day infusion the pump broke on the second day, so after that he had 3 days of no pump, and only an IV drip. They monitored him and he did just fine!!!

So Monday when the visiting nurse comes, I know to look out for any changes in the infusion rate. It should be 4 hours and she shouldn't change anything to speed it up, right?? The guy at the infusion said they start nice and slow in the beginning. They should know what they are doing, right??

Oh, the infusion pharmacist called us up today advising us that the package is being delivered via Fed Ex on Saturday and for me to refrigerate the meds part of it. I had a nice chat with the fellow. So tomorrow or Saturday, the visiting nurse should be calling us up to set Alan up for the infusion.

And now to more important stuff!!!MY NEW MICROWAVE CAME TODAY!!!
I had to get rid of the other one because it interfered with the tv signal, and someone told me "it looks like a leakage, so get rid of it". I had only paid $5.00 for it two years ago, so I tossed it and have been shopping around online. I went to sharp.com and got a 1.6 cubic microwave with all bells and whistles and FREE SHIPPING FOR $79.97.

Now can you beat that??? It came today. I was so nervous when I put a glass of water, (Alan was standing in front of the tv set ready to tell me if the tv signal screwed up). So I pressed Start, and looked at Alan and he goes "WEll, we still have a signal". Thank goodness. I can now cook in 5 minutes instead of 3 hours. How cool!!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote