View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Ok, you didn't ask this, but I'm going to mention it anyway, FWIW. I have crohn's/IBS & can't tolerate NSAIDs either. As little as 2 aspirin or 1 ibuprofen will cause bleeding, though not so bad as yours requiring pred.

I've found I can tolerate meloxicam, a prescrip NSAID, on occasion. My doc recommended it as it's much gentler on the system than most others in that class.

I just can't see someone going through a course of pred over a migraine (and I get those several times a month).

Doc
OK, I will break my rule too
I start bleeding in less than 2 hours of taking Ibuprofen or Neproxen. I am currently using Nabumetone 750mg but it isn't as good as Ibuprofen or Neproxen. My neuro wanted me to give a try to Celebrex but I can't afford it so Nabumetone instead. Gave Dolgic Plus a try, useless.
I will ask for Meloxicam Rx. I wonder what is your dose and the indication?

Plus, I have to mention something that I should have said in the first post.
Last year, I had kidney stone. Now I am not too sure if it was because of ulcerative colitis or Topamax 125mg that I was taking about 8 months prior to that. Magnesium seems to be watched for folks with kidney issues. I don't know how in my case, so if anyone has any experience on it, a comment is welcome.
deltaforce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote