View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Glad to hear you've had success with tDCS, but I'm sorry to hear you spent so much money on something that was ineffective. I take it you tried neurofeedback, which is a lot like saying you tried learning a new language. I have spent a great deal of time trying to sort the good from the bad, and it is not an easy task. That said, it is next to impossible for a consumer to make an informed decision without investing major time and research into the field. Some people use Z-Scores, whereas some use Othmer's approach, whereas some use QEEG, where some use a mini-QEEG, etc., etc. Anyway, I wouldn't want to take money from someone I didn't help, so I would split the difference if I invested my time and effort. I know most people wouldn't do that, however.

Perhaps you are right about the tDCS for CRPS--the more I read about it, the more convinced I am, but I am still unwilling to incorporate it into my practice due to people's love of lawsuits.

What is the brand you got for $300? Maybe Eve can give that a try before investing in neurofeedback.
For my tDCS treatment I got the Activa Dose II unit and it cost $225. With the purchase of the sponge electrodes, pin connection TENS wires, and the pin to banana coverters so that I could use the unit for tDCS it cost about $300 total for the unit. I don't know if CRPSjames uses the same unit or not but thought I would share as it really is very inexpensive compared to so many other things.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote