View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

That's why I try to be sure to add expert or advanced PT when I mention PT, but some just always use the same old one size fits all regimen- no matter what level of training they have.

They need the ask you how you are feeling and adjust accordingly.
They should start with pain reliving modalities only and gentle posture work until the pain is reduced, then if tolerated, some more active therapy can start.

My chiro only did pain reliving modalities and adjustments, since my pain was lower or gone, I could do activities and stretches on my own at home.

Somehow chiro wrote the bill/codes so that it didn't cost as much as when the PT places did the billing... Before I found the chiro most of my PT was covered by work comp. Did a few sessions for my low back with my GP's PT place and got the bill and decided the chiro was a much better deal LOL..

But not all chiros do the extra modalities, I'm sure glad he did.

If you can afford it look into Sharon Butlers TOS program on her website, it is put together in a detailed progression. The book was written for RSIs, and you have to jump from page to page to find the TOS stretches and it isn't in the step by step progression. The book will work, but her TOS program makes it so much simpler. She does have a money back policy.

when I stand up, or mostly sit on the couch, the pain and 'pinched nerve' feeling comes right back

I think it is Gravity. Your head weighs about 8-12 lbs and if head/shoulders are forward and not aligned on the spinal column - the neck & upperback muscles have to work extra hard to hold the head up.
Then they tighten up, get triggerpoints , then spasms.

All the more complicated when blood flow & nerves get pinched or irritated.