View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
I saw my PCP on Tuesday. Originally I was supposed to increase my hours at work from 20 to 30 on April 1. I've been having a lot of difficulty being able to work even twenty hours. Since I started working 20 hours a week on Dec 1, I've had several significant improvements in my overall cognitive functioning. Presumably these increases in my cognitive functioning are taking more energy to maintain and I'm still wiped out all the time. It seems every time I think I'm doing better physically, instead of building more physical stamina I get a recovery leap in my brain functioning!

I'm going to continue to work 20 hours a week through June 1 and hopefully increase my work schedule at that time.

My next appt with her is in May.

My latest improvements have been very exciting for me. I haven't had that "normal" feeling yet that some people here have posted about... and it's been about 19 months since the accident I was in. But I'm doing a LOT better than I was a year ago and I'm so grateful for that!

I have a lot to be grateful for in my life, including this forum. I believe the advice on this board has been instrumental in my continued recovery.

Even though I don't have news of a complete recovery at this time, I wanted to share with you that I'm doing so much better in an effort to brighten your days a little bit and to bring you guys all some hope too. (On Saturday some friends of mine from college agreed that I'm not able to be even 50% of what I was before the accident yet... I'll post in the sticky threadof hope and healing about my recovery once I'm at about 95% or more. )

I am SO happy to hear this ) I wish you all the best as you move forward!! You have given me hope...

July 21, 2010, one month after starting my new job I sustained a concussion after standing up quickly from a sqatting position and subsequently being impaled by the corner of a metal filing cabinet in to the left side of my skull. Dx. Post Concussive Syndrome.

Female, 45 years young
Mom of 3 boys (22,19,10)..Registered Nurse 16 years

Symptoms: Vertigo, difficulty concentrating, unable to multitask, fatigue, severe transient headaches..severity and location change frequently, anxiety, PTSD, tinnitus, "electrical like sensations" across the top of my head, "hot flashes", numbness and coolness to hands (worsens in A/C), very poor recall ability, processing and comprehension, difficulty finding words and completing thoughts, short term memory is awful.

~I will never give up on myself~

~I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them...I know they would do the same for me <3
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-16-2012), nightnurse30 (03-17-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-15-2012)