View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

BK,

I had a similar experience with floater after a concussion and got the same report from the ophthalmologist. He told me how to determine when the symptoms were needing to be checked by a doctor. Basically, if the floaters have any color (usually red) then to be seen in the ER.

One of the problems with concussion and floaters is the tendency to become a bit obsessed about them. The concussion can cause a heightened awareness of issues that existed prior to the concussion but had not been noticed so as to be the object of an obsession. This heightened awareness is caused by the weakening of the filtering mechanism in the brain that normally filters out such observations.

The same holds true with tinnitus. It is not uncommon for tinnitus to come and go for the uninjured population. The PCS population develops an obsessive level of noticing tinnitus because the PCS brain does not filter out the stimuli.

The important thing to watch for are trends of deteriorating condition. If this condition get markedly worse, it would be worth a call to the doctor's office. Be sure to not let PCS anxiety magnify the condition. Ask someone else to observe the difference between each eye, if you can. Minor differences are common. We just don't notice them until we look for them.

My best to you.

fwiw, Did anybody notice the news report about falls down stairways? The fed is looking into the subject to try to reduce the injury from falls down stairs.

I have a simple solution. The fall down the stairs is not the biggest cause of injury. It is the sudden stop on the landing that is. Maybe we need to put padding at the landings of stairways with a high risk of people falling.

Watching college kids surf stairways on mattresses shows that it is the landing that hurts.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-16-2012)