View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkell12 View Post
[If I get on meds now its like I wasted all that time for nothing.. you know??]
I don't think that's a good - or even correct - way to view things.

Many of us have complicated medical issues going on that befuddle ourselves and our doctors. They do their best to help us by trying different therapies to find one or more that are effective. When one doesn't work, I don't think it's necessarily "wasted" - it eliminates certain things, and something can always be learned/gained from the experience.

I agree with Leesa; meds aren't intended or used in order to drug you up all the time. The intent is to balance the chemical imbalances in order to feel normal (or at least better than without anything). Finding the right balance for each individual may take some time/effort too. It may not be without some periods of feeling drugged up, but that tells the doctors they haven't found the correct solution yet; it eliminates what doesn't/won't work, and may provide clues for what will.

Please stay with it, try to stay positive, and if they don't find the right solution, look forward to communicating with them and taking an active part in/toward improving the results. Inventors, chemists, researchers, seldom find what they're looking for the first time out; it takes a few experiments. (Yes, I realize that may be the last thing you want to hear - being an experiment or experimented on.) If we were all exactly the same, that wouldn't be the case; one size would fit all, but we're not all exactly the same. We're all individuals who require individual solutions.

This is an opportunity to become involved in finding a way back/out. Help your doctors help you.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-16-2012), ginnie (03-16-2012)