View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Upper back muscles

Since I had the heart valve surgery on the 28th my rib cage is sore where they opened me up, but it seems like most of the soreness is in my upper back muscles. It seems to be getting a little better since I can lay flat now. At first I had to keep my head propped up on pillows or I couldn't breathe good. My lungs were full of fluid but that seems to be getting a lot better. It's pretty scary when you can't breathe good. I guess when your heart's not pumping well fluid backs up into your lungs.

The tingling and weakness in my arms seems to be improving a little bit. It is the worst on the left(nonsurgical side). That arm still as a picc line(an IV) in it that could be irritating it some. I can't wait to get that out but I still have to be on antibiotics for several more weeks. I can't do much stretching or mobility on that arm because I have to be careful of the picc line. My wife gives me antibiotics twice a day through the picc line. She just hooks it up and runs in by itself. Pretty neat. It doesn't even need a pump or anything. Takes about an hour and a half to run in. Then a nurse comes once a week to draw blood and change bandages and dressings.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-21-2012), NerPain4 (11-20-2012)