View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the reply Headstrong, sounds like our experiences are very similar...my biggest problem remaining is the sensitivity to light; if I am exposed to bright light for more than a couple of minutes, I get headaches, light headed and cold sweats/chills, and lose all my energy. Most of the other symptoms seem to be under the control of my medicine, but if I don't take it what will happen? That's the big question.

I have also learned that at least in MO, if you have a WC case and don't get a lawyer on it, you're doomed. I am glad I did, b/c the neurologist the insurance company sent me to is a hack who discounts half of the symptoms I report to him and is only doing the insurance companie's bidding. Last time I went to him, he berated me for not being better yet and told me to start pushing myself harder to get better. Then he gave the insurance companie's nurse/case manager a note that said I could perform sedentary office work with no restrictions, but never said a word about that to me. I found out through the case manager. I now have an appt. with a neuro psych, going in for a 6 hour visit next month thanks to my lawyer. I could not have gotten a second opinion w/o a laywer.

And thanks to Mark in Idaho for the research on lawyers, I ended up using one of the ones you found for me and she really seems to know what I'm going through and has represented a lot of head injury cases, and knows my neurologist very well and has deposed him a few dozen times. The meeting with her was an eye opener!

Hang in there Head Strong!
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (03-18-2012)