View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I've known about the possible connection of IBD/Crohn's to other microbes (not just viral) before....just was not aware of the theories on measles.

My son had rapid onset of neurological problems (eventually dxTourette Syndrome with co-morbid conditions) shortly after a MMR vaccination, and was born during the late 80s-early 90s measles epidemic

He has never had mono that we know of, but I did as a child (we called it glandular fever then) He did test +ve for EB antibodies...but I am told most of the population does

I also had double pneumonia the year before he was born...I have seen mycoplasma p. also implicated as a possible problem in Crohn's. I don't know if myco crosses the placenta?

He did have chicken pox when around 3yo

But this measles connection theory is new to me so I am trying to gather as much info as possible and will ask for specific testing when he has next bloodwork done to see if this could be a possible cause of his most recent severe flare

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-16-2012)