View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've had Trigger Pt. Injections for 23 yrs. Great help

Please know if you can get the right Dr. TPI can be a wonderful relief. In 1984 I suffered from facial pain, TMJ pain and terrible headaches daily. I barely could make it to work. Luckily, I did not take the advice of local dentists and have TMJ surgery. I spent 400 hrs. in the library researching and then flew around the country to see the top dentists in the field treating this condition. I chose one who was absolutely fabulous and he remained my dentist until he died (18 yrs.) After only 2 months or so of TPI in my head and TMJ - all the pain was gone. The face was another story and I continued to need injections for years to get it into remission. It finally worked. However, it did return and I'd have to get booster inj. He was just wonderful and truly with out the TPI, I would not be here today. Having been in his office and waiting room I have learned much about them after 24 yrs.
In the past 24 yrs. I have had TPI from my feet to the top of my head. I must say they all helped to put the pain into remission.
I now am fortunate to have another Dr. who is equally as good at the injections and find relief with him as well. It can be a long process and the pain comes and goes. Don't give up! I would try TPI with a verty reputable DR. Be sure they know who Janet Travell is - she is the woman who we can thank for the TPI and has a book instructing Drs. how to do them. I would not be without her wonderful book. I think it iscalled Myofascial Pain Treatment.
Just google her and you can learn all about her,
Good luck
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote