View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccergal View Post
P.S. How long ago was your injury Esthersdoll?
I was injured in an auto accident in July 2010, so about 20 months ago.

My Dr. says she's always been very pleased with the progress of my recovery despite the fact that I've been very frustrated and impatient with it. She was not as sure about my recovery or prognosis during the first ten months after the injury. I remember asking her about it after I had been given a spinal tap, about six to seven months after the injury and she said that we'll just have to see or something along those lines.

I had to be given a spinal tap because I had iicp, increased intracranial pressure, for the first six months or so after the injury. It rarely accompanies concussion, but experts theorize that it might damage the brain further than the initial injury. So I'm not sure if I should be counting my path to wellness from the time of the injury or the time of the spinal tap. (For my own peace of mind, I chose the latter.)

When I returned to work in August, I only worked 12 hours a week too. Then I increased the hours in December to twenty hours a week. (I tried and failed to increase them before then.) I'm just really lucky that I have a job that has been patient with my recovery process. I feel like all victims of head injuries should be given the same opportunity. I believe that being able to work has been some of the best cognitive therapy that I could receive through all of this.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Soccergal (03-16-2012)