View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi Mrs. D.

This morning (and I forget how I came to find this site), I stumbled upon this website.

http://www.neccp.com/chemotherapy-in...uropathy-cipn/

They are located in Stamford Conn. The doctor is a chiropractor and I phoned them. Spoke to a very kind nurse.

I asked her "what's the difference between this and using a tens or a rebuilder?" and she explained they put the electrodes "not on the place of pain" but higher up. And it affect neurons in a special way.

Insurance doesn't cover it and it's a course of 5 or so visits, and it's about $2000. So I did ask the pertinent questions.

I also asked if they treated anyone who had NON chemo induced neuropathy and she said 'oh yes"

So if anyone is interested they should check out the website.

Melody
Hi Melody. I have been researching PN for many years. I have never read where if the found there cause of PN there was anything they could do about it. Thirteen years ago i took ZOCOR. Unknowingly it said PN was a side effect.
Within 3 months of taking it i had PN.

Why spend millions of dollars trying to find the cause when their is nothing anyone can do about it. I look for ways to lessen my pain so i can have a better life.

Less pain to all. GEORGE
george75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (03-17-2012), malawigirl08 (03-18-2012), MelodyL (03-16-2012), stagger (03-17-2012)