View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
It was about 7 years ago when I had my first AND ONLY gallbladder attack. I rushed to my doctor (this was before Dr. Fred), and they did a sonogram and he called me up and said "well, you have a gallbladder problem" what do you want to do about it?? I said "Oh, I have a choice?" And he said "sure, you can give up all fat or you can be operated"

Now guess which one I chose???? I lost a lot of weight that year. Well, the day after Thanksgiving (I had a small turkey dinner and a piece of Pumpkin Pie. That's it. (Do you think it was the pumpkin pie that almost killed me??? I'll never know. Well, got sick (you know what happens right?), next day, go to same doctor, he takes one look at me and goes "I'm calling the hospital". They had to wait for Oxford to approve the surgery. Took 3 days. I'm on demerol and won't let anybody touch the gallbladder side of my body. They finally do laparascopy but had to cut me a bit because I had two stones that were so big they fit in a Chinese Soup Container (I took them home with me and showed all my neighbors).

Do you think that's the end of my story??? Hell no.... my gallbladder was stuck to my liver and I began to bleed internally. They had to rush me back into surgery and well let's just say I had 75 staples across my whole stomach.

I don't even know who operated on me. I'm getting senile. But I survived. Best part is that you don't have an appetite when you come home. Boy did I lose weight over this. Couldn't look at food for two weeks.

But when it's over, you feel like a million bucks.

My Aunt Sallie said the first thing she had after her gall bladder surgery was a nice cold beer!!! Never forgot that!!

So hope everything goes okay. Everybody else I know has had the laparascopic thing and went home the same day. My brother in law and my girlfriend's hubby just had it done. Came home the same day.

I believe if I didn't wait the year, I would have had no problems. But the stones kept getting bigger.

All the best,

Melody
It wasn't what you ate but the size of the stones, I'm willing to bet. I'm glad it all turned out OK for you.

Most people go home the same day. I couldn't because I was infected and they had me on antibiotics. I went in later in the afternoon, surgery the next day, about 11:00 and went home the next afternoon. I hate hospitals. It's no place to be to get any rest, that's for sure.