View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, unfortunately we went to the nearest teaching hospital after calling and they told me I should bring her in through their ER. This is sort of the mac daddy of teaching hospitals in our area within about two hours from us...it's 40 minutes, nothing again for 2.5 hours from us. They said she's "not even close to meeting criteria for inpatient" and you could tell she was really frustrated at that point, since we went, she's been kicking herself that she didn't tell them what she should have because she really wanted to get IN somewhere and start feeling better. Makes me feel sad that I couldn't do that for her. The referrals they gave me were totally useless, they were to the local mental health crisis line, which was another dead end. I called her psych and her pediatrician to see if there's any way we can work out maybe a direct admit, but no one has called me.

There is another hospital in the other direction about an hour, not a teaching hospital, but has a large psych unit. They said they have about 4-6 hour ER wait time and they don't even have any beds open right now anyway.

Honestly, I'm just trying to keep her content and have the least stress right now because she's in such a "fragile" state right now as far as anxiety goes.

We've gotten regular bloodwork for her since she had a chronic immune issue for over a year and we still get it, but she seems to be "normal", although we're trying to get in with a new integrative psychiatrist and maybe they'll know which tests to definitely get which will show us what might be going on.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-22-2012), Dmom3005 (03-24-2012), Mari (03-18-2012)