View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I thought everyone had these spells as I call them. I don't always have them and the "spells" I have now are much less severe since I have been on IVIG all these years.

I would feel them coming with weakness in my arms and legs plus a funny feeling inside the muscles of my arms and legs. For years I thought that I was having asthma and after I was diagnosed I began to pay more attention. I have always told all my docs that I felt like I was going to stop breathing and no one paid any attention. Doggone it, I was right, wasn't I!!!

I will feel weak in my chest and sort of anxious and if I use my inhaler I will get a little relief. However, it is not asthma. I ultimately experienced what I felt was a muscle spasm in my diaphram and it seemed more easily discernible when I was sitting at the computer.

When I get these spells I would often get what I felt was impending doom. I found that if I laid down and didn't move one muscle and just stayed in one place it took close to 1/2 hour for this to settle down.

It is a good reminder to watch what we are doing. Even though we think we are better we are always poised to experience one of these spells when we least expect it. I have also learned to take 1/2 mestinon prior to doing some task that might be stressful for me. Preventive medicine really does help. Good luck all. 69gto73
69gto73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote