Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesturepen View Post
What frustrates me more than the stealing (which makes me feel angry and betrayed all on its own) is the lying about it. I think that's the main reason why I felt so angry when she lived with us. It was that she'd do these things, lie, and then act like we're the enemy for being mad at her and punishing her. She spun things so that she was always the victim like that. I guess it's a good thing my niece isn't here when I'm this angry, but I don't feel much better. When I get furious like this, I feel physically drained.

From what I know, she's still on the Concerta and Abilify regimen. She's also taken to stealing from her older sister. I know it must frustrate her as much as it frustrated me. I do wonder if my niece has something else on top of BP, since I haven't read anything that suggest stealing is a symptom of BP. We never got a chance to discuss it in therapy, and I don't think they've found a new therapist in Texas yet. She was diagnosed with ODD at one point, but I don't know if she is still being treated for that.

Hi,

Have you found a therapist?

You can learn techniques that help you deal with this.

My bet is that the niece has something else instead of or in addition to Bipolar.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (03-24-2012)