Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Confused MissTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post
I ended up finding my own post when i put "oxy Ops gave me urethritis and colitis" in my internet search! But I am pleased to see people's responses to my 'lengthy' post. I have since tried an experiment: I went off of the OPs for 2 months and took old OCs I had stashed away for a 'rainy day'. As if by magic my urethritis and colitis cleared up (I stopped having constant urgency to urinate, painful urination, abdominal pain, cramping,and huge amounts of mucous/blood in stool.)Feeling better, I slowly began taking the oxy Ops again...as my 'stash' is running low. Sure enough, within a few weeks my symptoms had all returned!! I was very dissappointed to find out that the only pain medicine that had ever worked for me was not only working adequately anymore, but it was also making me sick!!
BUT TONITE WAS THE TOPPER OF THEM ALL!! Please if any of you read this that are taking the oxy Ops please check out what I am saying for yourself!
I was giving myself a manicure, removing my old nail polish when i accidentally spilled the polish remover onto my oxy OPs that I had sitting next to where I was working on my bathroom countertop. Initially I did not realize the polish remover had spilled into the little cup-like dish with my medicine in it, so I proceeded to remove my nail polish and watch some TV. Later that night while getting ready for bed I went to take one of my oxy Ops and found they were dissolving into the nail polish remover in the little dish. But I was SHOCKED WHEN I TRIED TO RINSE AND DRY THEM OFF. THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN A GUMMY RUBBER...JUST LIKE CRAZY GLUE OR LIQUID RUBBER!! I kept wiping and wiping, but the horrible rubber was tough and slimy at the same time. I had 3 pills in the container, and i used 4 large paper towels and 2 large dish towels wiping the rubber off. The paper towels and dish towels are completely soaked in this rubber and there is no way to remove it other than using the acetone nail polish remover. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN PUTTING IN MY BODY. I now know that this is what the mucousy substance was that i was finding in my stools. IT IS HORRENDOUS! And it is not a coating--as some websites are mistakenly stating--that can simply be removed using various techniques; It is all throughout the entire tablet. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try this at home; you have to see it yourself to fully comprehend the texture and tenacity of this horrible substance!! I have already devised a way to take the pill and polish remover to my doctor appointment next time, and will continue to post this warning to as many sites as possible. Please pass this around, because it may be too late for many of us when they finally "discover" this product is dangerous and was not properly tested. I have enrolled with the American Pain Foundation and will contact Purdue and the FDA as soon as I can. It will be challenging to fight this with my pain so out of control, but if this helps one person it will be worth it.
P.S. I imagine the component of my polish remover that removed the rubbery resin was acetone, so before you try to check this yourself make sure your polish remover has this ingredient--not all of them do.
I trully hope they do not screen out this post and that people can actually read it!
Sincerely, MissTT

I have been on Oxycontin for almost 4 years. For the past year, I have been taking the red OP 60 mg Oxycontin( by Purdue ) every 6 hrs. for a total of 240 mgs. a day. It was my understanding the new coating was to prevent addicts from breaking up the pill. ( Also, the shell might be found in the stool.) If the shell is in the stool; would it still affect our system?

I had never heard of any complaints until I read your post. Since my pain is 24/7, I guess, never noticed a difference. I do of course, have constipatation problems for which I take Phillips Milk of Magnesia daily. Because of the constapation, I actually pushed my bladder thru (had complete hysterectomy years ago) and partially came out.

I had Cystocele surgery a little over 3 years ago (bladder in Mesh sling and mesh used for cosure as well). This was followed the following year with a Rectocele. The Rectocele is returning. I was warned it could possibly happen. The doctor said even if I had to use a laxative daily, could not allow myself to get constipated.

What you are saying is quite alarming. I guess Doc is probably right; this change in the coating only gave a problem for addicts to figure out in a few days and is mainly to prevent a generic. Now.......what is the aternative. I cannot handle withdrawal. Even if I have been a little late taking the 60mg, at times, my legs feel like I am lifting heavy lead and sooooo painful. Don't know what to do; other than continue taking the OP. I don't see a choice.

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote