Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Some warnings:
Quote:
Indications for the use of these medications, according to the manufacturers of Nyloxin and Cobroxin, include results from studies involving rodent models, which indicate that the effects of camphor, borneol, atropine, nikethamide, pentylenetetrazol, picrotoxin, phenol, absinthe, and caffeine were antagonized by the concomitant administration of cobra venom extracts. Also, the toxic effects of morphine and cobra venom are additive. In addition to these findings, it has been reported that cobra venom interacts negatively with nicotine, vitamin B12, and azathioprine; cobra venom extracts may lower blood pressure. Most of the adverse effects associated with the administration of snake venoms are mild and transient and are related to the neurotoxic effects, which may include any the following: headache, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, diplopia, nystagmus, and hemiplegia.7,8
from http://www.uspharmacist.com/continui...ssonid/107115/

These venoms are the source of some ACE inhibitor drugs...like captopril and enalapril (and lisinopril I would think as well).
Hence the blood pressure warnings. In homeopathic dilution,
there is very little venom left. 1X dilution is 1:10, so 4X is
4zeros dilution (1:10,000)

Finding a CE lesson for professionals, usually indicates that
a drug product is going to be advertised, or is in use already.
So I am including it here just for informational purposes. Since I already use lisinopril, I probably will not try it yet. Also the fact that it may lower B12 levels, is concerning.

These two products are homeopathic OTC and have very little active venom in them. Only time will tell if they work.

The Amazon entry has many positive reviews however states that Cobroxin has been discontinued.
http://www.amazon.com/Cobroxin-Gel-2.../dp/B002VFYHGA

But Walgreens still shows available and so does Drugstore.com
Therefore its status is confused and cloudy.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
stagger (03-17-2012)