Thread: Neck Injury
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wish there were more info. available, i.e., age, but, and it's a huge one: I wouldn't want you to post such if it may also compromise your privacy.

One of the reason that I stated the above is because you mentioned that the surgeon thinks that surgery is the "only alternative." I don't understand why so the surgeon thinks that... at this time unless the spinal cord itself is clearly risking damage.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but I don't see tell-tale indications - in what you noted from your report - that suggest your cord is clearly at risk for permanent damage, or injury.

Mostly what I'm seeing is about osteophytes; those are bone spurs. Those can be removed only more are likely to surface. That's arthritis.

The "tingling" sounds like radiculopathy or paresthesia. A PM (Pain Management) doctor, if you've not also seen one, may be able to lessen the effects.

If not already done, I'd get a second and third opinion before any surgery, which, as you know, is an invasive procedure and carries risks.

I'm sure there will be others far more insightful who will (possibly correct me) offering their thoughts, too.

If you are up to it, I'd try the PT first. Because many PTs have worked with an array of people, the PT might also have some ideas.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote