View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Candice

Welcome to Neuro talk. I am sorry you have been through so much. I want you to know you are not alone in this depression. This can and does happen with many different medical and surgical problems. I don't know exactly what happens, I only know it happens to many of us. I have had cervial problems and multipal surgeries, and battle depression as you do. I also have council and medication. I come back here and I do receive alot of help and support. What you are doing, by going for help, is the best possible thing you can do. Not all medication works for everyone. sometimes it takes a change or two, to get a medicine that works. You doctor will work with you to make sure you take something that will help. If the first one doesn't, allow him to try a different one. Don't be afraid of the medications. Even if you had an unpleasant side effect, you won't have take that particuar one. Do give it a try. I have gotten much better since I started with sertraline, this was the second one I tried. I do wish you all the best. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote