View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Roll Call - April 2007

I think Al's forgotten about NT this month, so I thought I'd start the roll call thread because I always enjoy hearing from everyone and what they're up to.

It's spring where I am. That means the beginning of 'project season'.

This year I got my order in for organic seeds and am looking forward to getting my garden going. We've gone organic, then grassfed in the last year. It's been interesting and I'm at a new level of learning now... acid levels. Thought provoking to say the least.

We're busy dealing with driveway contractors as we've decided to put a circle in (actually we've been using the circle for a couple of years to make sure we like the setup - so our front lawn is really looking pretty bad right now). It's been something we've been putting off because 300+ ft is not a small endeavour by any stretch of the imagination. It'll be racetrack material because that's more cost efficient yet still pretty tidy and bike-rideable (unlike gravel). We live on a gravel road too so it'll be nice to have somewhere that the children will be able to ride their bikes. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the month.

I'm working on my business plan/endeavours. Boy! When I walk into a store now, I have a whole new appreciation for the effort it takes to pursue something like that. I don't want to post any more info. than that because I don't want to be perceived as spamming... or whatever you call it... this is just what I've been up to lately... and why I don't get around to posting so much anymore.

We went to my parent's house last weekend. Dh was the first to react and now dd has had a tummy ache for the last couple of days and *d* (she's our non-reactor) and ds1 has spots that look like hives. My Mom put the gf bread she bought us in her toaster (dh didn't wash his hands after touching it - luckily I caught it before he took a bite) and the tablecloth I have at her house to keep on the kitchen table was taken off before we left and food was put on the table for everyone! (Colour me frustrated!) My parents really TRY to be supportive... but even after five years... they just don't seem to be able to think critically about cross contamination.

Of course the baby and I are fine because I'm just a gluten-free freak.

I love reading everyone's posts and am happy to re-connect.... even if it is only about once a month.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote