View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Thank you for all the replies!

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies I appreciate it. Yesterday I was volunteering that the children's shelter and one of the kids ran into my back where my battery is while riding a scooter! That did not feel good but it was not that bad although I usually don't like if anyone even touches my battery area but me because its sore. The bad thing was that when I was trying to leave and after sitting on the floor and in tiny chairs all morning my leg did that nerve thing where it burns and then goes dead and I have to drag it around! I was really upset about that because I have to be up and down and sitting on the floor and in tiny chairs in order to be with the kids...so I am kind of worried and plan on talking to my doctor tomorrow about that and the rest of my limitations. I think you all gave me good advice about it and I do listen to my body for the most part but its very hard when you are excited to do something but yet don't want to be held back any further because of health issues! Its also been frustrating because this whole time for probably over a year I have been trying to get help for my other pain (abdomen) and we finally are supposed to get a date next week for my exploratory they had to get my aneurysm in my heart checked out first and then I also ended up having surgery again (for the fifth time) to remove kidney stones! I just want to feel better even slightly better would be great especially since I want to do all of this stuff and work and volunteer! Its also been rough the last few months because my brother got diagnosed with skin cancer and my mom is going through major health stuff and it makes me feel horrible because I can't fix everything. Its like I have gotten used to being sick and in pain so it does not bother me as much as when my loved ones are sick or in pain then it makes me feel very depressed and sad. The good thing is that I still have my husband the one that some of you got to talk to and he has been so good to me and Gigi! He was the only one there for me during the last surgery and he was great and I know I can count on him for anything and I love him and thank God for him everyday Now I am praying that I do make it to be a full time teacher and help young children and that someday I get to become a mom too either through fostering or adoption. That dream has gotten me through all the rough medical stuff and will continue to keep getting me through all my medical treatments and surgeries. Well, sorry for rambling like this its just been one of those weeks or months Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and advice I will let you know what the doctor says and if anything else exciting happens! I think about you all everyday and always keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you all for being there for me since the beginning of my stim journey to right now! I appreciate each and every one of you Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-18-2012), Paulb_47 (04-06-2012), Rrae (03-18-2012)