View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Very sorry to hear about your falls and the flare up from therapy. It's a real fine line between pushing yourself what you need to do with therapy and doing more than you should and it doesn't sound like your therapist understands this. Sometimes they seem to be in such a rush to make us better that they don't realize they are only making us worse.

I have been doing better. The warm weather has been excellent and I have been taking advantage of it. My treatments with tDCS seem to be getting better and I have been able to go for walks at the local forest preserve with my dog. Still need to use the walker but feel much stronger and generally healthier. The pain and allydonia in my my hands and arms has been reduced with the new protocol I am using with the tDCS which is very encouraging. I can only hope things continue to move in a positive direction.

Take care of yourself and definitely have a talk with that therapist of yours to make sure she doesn't do that to you again. You need to push and do as much as you can but forcing you to do things that you are not up to yet will just make things worse and cause a setback. Sending good thoughts your way and hope you feel better soon.
Sounds lovely to be able to go out & walk your dog, that's the one thing that's keeping me going, that soon I'll be able to take my dog for a walk rather than stumbling along beside my daughter while she walks him. What sort of a dog do you have? I'm so pleased to hear the tDCS is working so well for you, you must be so thrilled with it. As to my therapist, well she doesn't know much about RSD, we have so few cases in the UK, that we are sadly far behind in knowledgeable medical persons here. She's one of those 'bossy know it all's that won't listen'. Unfortunately she's the best there is any where near me I'm seeing an occupational therapist in a week, maybe he'll be better.... Well he CAN'T be any worse
cinders999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote