View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown If I could I would just give up....

How many of us have lost a spouse or significant other after diagnosis? How do you deal with it? Has anyone remarried?
My wife of 26 years walked out the door with 2 hours notice, she packed a bag, up and left last July. The kick in the teeth is since our divorce she gets half of my pension! I have half and social security. I have had 2 suicide attempts since then, numerous periods of depression. The emptyness is immense. My daughters are grown, they are 24 and 25 yrs old. One lives out of state near my ex-she went up for a visit and found a job so she stayed.
The other daughter lives with me to finish school. She is very aligned with her mom and not very communicative with me. She will probably move when she finishes school in June. In addition my mom had brain surgery in Feb. and is now living with me, my siblings either do not have any room or they are too distant.
PD has me now to where I lost my DL, the doctor would not complete the medical form to allow me to take the test. My balance is bad, I stumble all over and fall often. I use a powerchair and a walker constantly. I have had PD for 15 yrs now, diagnosed when I was 30. I am 45 now. I don't see myself marrying again, nor do I think I will ever have the pleasure of holding a woman again. It has been 8 mos now and I am still crying.
Not to mention the guy she left me for was "back home", when she got there she found he has no license-DUI, is an alcoholic, has pancreatitis among many other health problems. She has been evicted for not paying the rent twice-she gets almost 2200 a month between my pension and her social security-she got ssdi for anxiety attacks yet I don't know how she managed to travel some 400 miles when she told them she cannot go out of the house without significant medication.
So as such I don't get out much. There aren't any programs that I know of unless you are a senior citizen, even then it's slim. I just can't see things getting better but somehow I have to carry on.

Yesterday I raked leaves on my knees so I wouldn't be falling down! Fun huh?
It sucks!

But ya know what? I would have her back in a minute! Still.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (03-22-2012)