View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi again,

I'm just a mum and my two children are adults now, but I remember being in a similar situation as you in trying to find out what was going on with my son in particular when he was little and dealing with many different opinions at the time from doctors.

14 hours!!! That's terrible for the little boy. No wonder he gets exhausted.

I know little regarding seizures but I know there are ambulatory devices (AEEG) that can be worn at home. I guess the doctors haven't seen your son have one of these episodes. Another thing that may help would be taking a video yourself. Considering he's asleep usually when these happen, it's not intrusive.

You mention he possibly spaces out, but he will respond to louder direction and touch when spacing out.
ADHD.
toe walking issues.
Asthma.
GERD.
and these espisodes with movement.

Good you're getting OT evaluation!

Does he take any medications for the ADHD, Asthma and/or GERD?

How is he doing at school?
Has he followed all his developmental milestones when he was little?
Is he a sociable little guy or not?
Has school mentioned anything out of the ordinary to you? Children spend a lot of the day in school so have you asked his teacher how he's doing in that environment.

Have a look at the sticky at the top of the Epilepsy Forum "Types of Seizures". There's an abundance of information there about different types of seizures although if you've been researching yourself you probably have read most of the descriptions already.

Do these movements only happen when he's in bed or asleep? What about when he's just walking around during the day?
He wasn't sick with anything before the very first episode that he had? No Strep. throat or anything like that which needed treatment?

So very sorry if I asked too many questions.

p.s. The Epilepsy Foundation - Types of Seizures

Edited to add: I had to change some things. Had trouble reading the block of text so missed some things.

Last edited by Lara; 03-19-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-23-2012)