View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can tell you desentizing was the worst for me. It would make the pain so much worse. You sound like you are a strong person at heart. But I have to agree with Jim's Girl. Don't push yourself so hard that you are crying. Even though you are not on pain medication I would consult a pm dr.for other early therapy's such as blocks. Blocks helped me then I could work on the desentizing during the period the blocks were working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennq78 View Post
I was blessed with being diagnosed early. Because of that, I'm trying to make some decisions on treatments based on starting at the beginning, like most do not.

I'm in PT and being treated with vitamin C and blood pressure meds, which I'm reconsidering because they give me a very bad headache.

I know that this is a use or lose disease and should push through the pain, but there also seems to be a pain limit.

My PT gave me a week off with the acception of desensitization at home because it seemed like the PT was aggravating things.

My question is, how much pain should you push through? Will it do damage to go to far?

I ended up crying this week because of the pain which is unusual for me. I have had 3 kids with no drugs so I know my tolerance is high. Part of me wants to see how far I can push it, like going over a hill...if I can get over the rough part maybe I can force it to go away. But the other part of me wonders if I am risking permanent damage.

GOD help me be faithful in the midst of my suffering. Alt1268
alt1268 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote