View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Gumby: I love your name by the way!!!

When Alan had the first 5 rounds in the hospital (and I told the Infusion people this,they knew anyway because they had phoned the neuro's office) Alan had 6 hour infusions over 5 days (most without a pump).

When I asked the infusion guy (and I checked with the nurse too), and the infusion pharmacist yesterday, the infusion rate is 30 grams over 4 hours.

Now why they are doing 4 hours and not 6, well, I don't know, but I discussed this with the nurse and she broke it down for me and said 30 grams over 4 hours is just fine. And so did the infusion pharmacist. Dr. Goldfarb wrote the prescription so I gather she knows what she is doing!!!!

And you better know that when that nurse comes and hooks him up, I'll be making sure (quietly, politely, and not rudely), making sure that she keeps it nice and slow.

Anything else and I'll hit her with my batch of blueberry,honey, and maple flavored muffins. This is all in one muffin by the way. The flavors blend and Alan goes nuts. THEY REALLY ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!!

Oh, I do love my microwave. Do you realize that I had been cooking and roasting and re-heating in my oven for a whole week. Now how spoiled is that? This gadget has a melt, soften and other strange buttons and the front looks like something out of NASA. I love anything technological. Now as far as Alan goes....you should have seen his face after he hoisted up the microwave and put it on the cart and opened the door of the micro.

All the paraphanalia is inside, with the glass dish, the booklets, the styrofoam. Alan took one look, waved his hands and said "that's it for me, you figure it out'. The guy is great but he can only use the remote on the vcr. Gotta love him!!!!

Can you imagine if I had been born Amish?? lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote