View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not sure I have PCS - but find this forum helpful, thx!

Hello!

I hit the side of my head on furniture (what a wiener!) Dec 22 2011 and immediately knew something was wrong as I was dizzy/spacey. Went to the ER, no scans, and no real concern as i passed the follow my finger et al tests no problem. No loss of consciousness, no memory problems - nothing else "severe" like that.

I am pretty sure i have PCS, but didn't have a lot of classic symptoms, like amnesia or vomiting. So it has been very helpful reading about people's symptoms etc on here - I feel for those who had severe trauma to the head, as my mild hit has screwed up my life financially, socially, athletically for the last three months!

Symptoms since:

Dizziness - was dizzy 24/7 for the first 8 days, now it is no longer constant, just sporadic and especially when i over do it (like walk or lift anything heavy)

Headaches - almost daily, but the last month has been better. Sometimes felt like ice on my head/numbness in my head, always on the side I hit. A lot of PRESSURE - omg, it sucked! Such a pity that is going away I couldn't even sleep comfortably, and found that positioning my head would alleviate the pressure. Sometimes get migraines so bad, can't do anything but rest.

Emotional - I only cried a lot uncontrollably the first week, otherwise a-ok, which is surprising (happily surprising) as i have a long history of mood disorders.

Fatigue - slept a tonne the first week, and am still very tired all the time, but have had a lot more energy this past month (hopeful!)

Nausea - mild, more in the first month.

Tin taste in mouth - kind of like blood, so this made me crap my pants thinking my brain was bleeding or something, but it is gone now, yay!
_______

Thanks again for all your sharing - I was so worried before that I had something really wrong with my brain, but am now convinced it is PCS, which is annoying, but not life threatening! Thanks for easing my worries and for the recovery tips!
sillybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote