View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I don't know if you have tried this in therapy or not...but when I was doing outpatient therapy they used stim (TENS) and heat on my ankle and it helped the pain a lot. When the pain got much worse and spread a year later my at home physical therapist was able to get me a portable TENS unit and it has been a miracle for me. I'm not taking much in the way of meds...nothing for the pain besides the lidoderm patches and I also am using clonidine patches to control some of the other crazy symptoms). Anyway...the TENS by itself has helped much more than the meds ever did. Doesn't work for everyone but I thought if you could try it in therapy and if it works then you could get a portable unit that you could wear throughout the day. Once I got this it was much much easier to do the physical therapy.
I do use the TENS at every PT appointment. It seems to help, but I've only been in PT 2 weeks. I never thought about getting one to take home. I may review that with her and my dr to see what they can do for me.
jennq78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote