View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjhee View Post
I'm trying to get an idea how quickly symptoms appear for people post-TBI. I myself am trying to remember, but it happened some 36 years ago, and at the time wasn't really told all the things I should have been on the lookout for. I do remember feeling perfectly fine directly after discharge from the hospital, but after X weeks/months the health issues began.

It does take time for brain cells to die, and this is mainly what causes the lead time as I understand it. I've heard anything from a few weeks to a few months. How about you?
My symptoms appeared a couple weeks after my accident, just like you. I had no idea about PCS. I believe the symptoms probably didn't disappear like I thought, as I wasn't looking for signs, but they continued to manifest for months. Some come and go, and others didn't start until many months after. Of course, I can't remember lots <grin>, so I can never say anything for sure! It is very hard not to know your brain anymore. My accident was in August 2010, and I have had worsening of symptoms to date. From the little bit I know, since i am a woman and am over 40, I fall into a group of people who have this longer sometimes than young people. Probably as we have had our heads knocked around more <grin> Didn't know about dying brain cells. My first day on this site.
kwaddington is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-19-2012)