View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrumb118 View Post
I know most pharmacies double count the prescriptions, and I looked at all of my prescription bottles, NONE of them were initialed. Anytime I have gotten a prescriptions, and especially for pain medication, the number is circled and the pharmacy tech has initialed it. These prescription bottles do not look like they were double checked. I wish I had looked at the prescription bottles before I left from there. I didnt even open up the stapled bag! A big mistake on my part! BUT, I felt that of all the people in the medical field, you should be able to trust the pharmacy that fills your prescriptions. I never even thought for a second that there would be any problems. A guess that is a hard lesson for me
I know this post regarding getting shorted on pain medicine is a bit old, but just wanted to say that this has also happened to me. I went back to the pharmacy immediately and reported this to them and they told me the same thing about them being double-counted. Even worse, they then refused to fill any more prescriptions for me...as if I had done something wrong! I would have thought they would want that information in order to keep an eye on their techs. As it turned out, I have noticed that years later the tech that filled my 'short' prescription was no longer working there and has bounced to 2 other pharmacies in a few years. Living in a very small community I also know that tech had pain problems herself. The point of my story tho is to suggest that you request the pharmacy to fill you prescriptions in the sealed original bottles whenever possible, and count the others in person before you leave. It DOES happen that they can be short--even at very reputable places. Good luck to you; I had to learn the hard way too! MissTT
MissTT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote