View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSjames View Post
It sounds like you would be better served to invest some time in finding a more knowledgeable PT. It is very scary that a PT would ask a patient to find PT exercises from a forum. What works for one patient with CRPS may flare another. Do yourself a favor and don't waste time trying to educate a physical therapist. Find one who is already there.

Time is of the essence, you have none to waste.
I agree with this. I saw three Physical Therapists before settling on one that I liked very much and who had extensive experience with CRPS. The first one was arrogant and I disliked him. The second one had a doe in the headlight response to my condition. Third one was a charm.

Have you asked this therapist how many patients they she has treated with CRPS?

After developing this condition and finding out that it is widely misunderstood, even among professionals, I ask ANY person that I am considering using for treatment that question. Don't be afraid of offending them. A good health care professional will be honest with you no matter what their answer. And if they do get offended by that question, you rule them out and move on.

Good luck!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote