View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 09:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yesterday I went to a workshop and learnt how to make a book entirely from recycled materials. The pages are large brown envelopes cut to size, I sewed the pages (in batches of tens) together to make the book from bailer twine, I made the cover from a discarded cardboard advertising placard I made the outside binding from cloth taken from a material sample book and the fastener from buttons, nice yellow ones, and matching green and yellow and green fuse wire to finish it off. Not only did I learn something new I had a great time with a lovely group of people. I only wish I could scan a picture of the book, this description makes it sound tacky but in real life it is a lovely thing, mostly I have to say because I made it and did so in the company of some really lovely people. I am using it as my April journal and I am going to make some more as gifts for friends. Doing this also took my mind off the pain. I am sooo glad I made myself get out of the house and go to this workshop.

I am also learning to play the piano and the ukulele LoLs! I do not want my brain to go into hibernation even though sometimes that what I feel like doing; so learning new things is my way of saying to myself “you are still the same person as you were before the pain and lack of mobility”. I am beginning to climb out of the dark place I was in when this pain malarkey hit me. Spring is coming and sunshine is a great mood lifter.
Lupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote