View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a rib removal and scalenectomy, that i forgot to mention. The Dr said there was extreme amounts of muscle around and attached to the Rib.

Over all 10 days later I would say its been a success, the Pain is Killer, and I have been going a few days on and off where pain killers(oxy) and Tylenol dont help at all but keep me wide awake. The past 2 days have been no relief but they make me stay wide awake, so I am hoping that tonight I can sleep for more then a hr after taking the meds before the pain wakes me up.

The dr said I would be in more pain then most because of the amount of muscle They had to cut thru and remove.

I can only use the computer for short periods of time, before the pain come back.

I know my body and I can tell this is going to be a long and painful recovery, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

It only took 4 years and being very determined to find and fix the issue, but like I say Never Give Up.

Oh yeah, learn from me, if you can get up and walking, do it. I was in the ER saturday night with the first signs of phynomina (how ever you spell it), they said from having a tube in my throat and not moving around will cause that, so I went home with a 3 day steroid treatment and some breathing treatmens
RichEmmers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rbn4jsus (12-05-2013)