View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Do you worry that GMO food will affect your MS?

I have been running across alot about GMO food lately. GMO=genetically modified food. Monsanto has really been busy.

Things like High fructose corn syrup contains mercury!
Kashi and other natural cereals contain modified corn!
100% orange juice has been filtered, the oxygen removed, and then a natural orange flavoring added so it keeps longer in the fridge. So, my 100% juice isnt 100% juice! its full of orange flavorings, but since its made from orange they dont have to declare it on the label.

Have you heard about "pink slime" its in more than 70% of ground beef around america. Its the skimmings off the carcus and its ground up, then sprayed with ammonia and added to hamburger everywhere! I dont want to eat that!

I work very hard to eat clean, and after some simple research I am finding that even eating clean is harder than it looks. What is on the label, may not be what is in the package. Pink slime doesnt have to be labeled because the FDA considers it to be BEEF, and therefore doesnt need a special label. UGH! Do I have to start grinding my own?

Pasta is being grown with modified corn, rice, and wheat. So, if you do get all natural and then you use a package of speghetti, you just ruined your meal!

MIL was here. She brought some Jello. First ingredient was sugar. She made it and offered me some. I took one bite and spit it out! I checked the label. it has sugar and aspertame, and phelanalaytes in it (meaning they used a bacteria to make the aspertame!) UGH! its just supposed to be Jello! Dont they give out Jello by the truck load in the hospital?

Cellulose is actually a form of wood shavings? Used as a fiber filler??? COME ON!

Why do we need so many chemicals? I just want plain food. Does anyone else worry about where we are headed?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4-eyes (03-20-2012), SallyC (03-20-2012)