Thread: I am overwelmed
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue

I took care of my mom for a year and that was hard sometimes, I can only imagine how it must be for you.

I agree with the suggestions offered by Alffe, you need something for yourself. It helps to be able to get away for a few hours on a regular basis. If you can't afford to hire someone yourself but your income is too high to qualify for a part time state caregiver, some churches, etc. have volunteers who will help and there may be other resources in your community. If you don't know where to start an agency like Aging and Longterm Care or a local Senior Center might point you in the right direction. Your family might enjoy the change too. I worked in a landscape nursery a couple of afternoons a week just for the chance to be outdoors and doing something different. The caregiver we had did quite a bit of cooking for me and my mom enjoyed having her around.

If you already do have help and are still feeling overwhelmed please try to find some support, you need to help yourself to help your family.

Judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-26-2012), Lara (04-04-2012)