View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default difficult, yes,just be patient

Easier said than done, I sure know that, just from my own experience.

I just wanted to add my two cents, for what it's worth.

I too, was denied my first time. And the second. I also had to request a hearing. It has been a two yesr process so far. I aso had to get an attorney.

I originally applied in Feb of 2010. I got the first denial in May 2010. I then hired an attorney of my own choice after being told by my long term disability that they would appoint one for me. I had been advised to get my own, locally, as it may have it's advantages. My attorney appealed the decision and again I was denied. My attorney then appealed again and requested a hearing.

I had my hearing just last week, so I'm still waiting to get the final written decision. I'm not 100 percent sure what the outcome will be, but the hearing seemed to have went well, and my attorney said the same. At the end of the hearing, the judge asked the vocational expert if there were jobs that I could do, the expert said no. So, I'm still waiting.

Also, I am younger than your husband, and I've been told that it is more difficult for younger people sometimes to get SSDI.

Just hang in there, it will be a long process. The waiting was the worse for me. I felt like I had a ton of weight lifted off my shoulders when I left the hearing. Mostly, becuase I was just glad it was over, regardless of the outcome. I realized I spent way too much time dreading the hearing and worrying about it. And in the end, what will be, will be. No amount of worrying will change the outcome. I was told the same thing, and I thought to myself, "yeah , well that's what you say, but this is ME we're talking about, this is my future on the line".

Just be prepared for a wait, but it will be fine. Try really hard not to get too anxious about it. Have a wonderful day!!!
butterfly66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote