View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy I know something is not right i feel it

I have had a shunt for my entire life 24 years. In those 24 years I have had 45 revisions full of pain and infections. Feels like I am going down that same scary road again. I have always been a complicated case for I have a rare form of Hydrocephalus. I have what they call slit ventricles meaning they stay small always making it hard to pinpoint when things go wrong! Normal CT scans are almost always out though they always want to do them, they never show anything... I was in the ER Friday night to do a shunt tap to check my pressure. that turned out to be very low, I am a person who does not handle any kind of major pressure change low or high :/ so what is the next step?? I am going in for a shunogram tomorrow and my biggest fear is that they see no blockage on the shuntogram and brush me off, when I know my body and I know something is not right. About two years I had to go through over a year of pain before they started listening to what I was saying..... I can't go through that again and my husband bless his heart just does not get why I went from being fine for four year and why now ??? Just in pain and want answers
spaintay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (03-28-2012)