View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your comment regarding pre-morbid is interesting. Most people think it means before death but in medical terms, it means before disease.

I have read enough medical records and journal articles over the years to get to where using medical terms are easiest. If I wanted to use a different word than the one that came to mind first, I would have to Stop and think.

I guess I could have said pre-injury or pre-concussion. Premorbid was just the word that popped first.

I have learned so much just trying to understand medical journal articles and my own medical records. The necessity of understanding them so I could file a Work Comp and SSDI claim forced me to find ways to make my brain work around the blockages.

I get a great sense of accomplishment when I find a new work-around past a road block that has stymied me for months.

Have you guys seen my comment about "Is the glass half full or half empty?"

For those of us needing to reinvent ourselves, this is when we need to decide to glass is too big and we should choose a smaller glass that we can easily fill to the brim and carry throughout life.

A similar concept is how I learned to let go of my perfectionism. I learned that it is all about perspective. I used to do specialty kitchen and bath remodeling. I would see all of my errors but almost everybody else would see my work as near perfect. It took a long time to be able to accept their view as the most valid one. I'd get a bunch of referral business with glowing reports of the work I did. I had to learn to accept the customers' praise.

We need to learn to accept our own praise when we get something done that we could not do at an earlier attempt.

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-21-2012), ginnie (03-21-2012), Soccergal (03-20-2012), SpaceCadet (03-20-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (03-21-2012)