View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voner View Post
////////////////

the study is frustratingly slow. I wonder if anybody has a clue as to why the study has gone so slowly?

Has anyone ever run come into contact with anybody (in Japan or here or Asia) who has experience with neurotropin??

I know why! I went to NIH back in August because I passed through the phone screening and was going for the in person screening trying to get into the neurotropin study but was turned down because my RSD had spread too far.

The doctors there told me that it has been in trial here (in the US) for about 10 years, this study originally started out with them trying to get people who had been diagnosed within 2 weeks which happens to pretty much no one. So they widened the criteria a little to one month. Still not many eligible. They keep widening the criteria and said only one limb. Still not many people are eligible, because most people have RSD in multiple limbs so it is taking a while to find that perfect patient. They only need one more patient to close the study. After this phase of the study, it sounds like they are hoping to eventually study people who have RSD in multiple areas. In my case arm/hand/shoulder does not count as one limb : (

Long story, short, I wasn't eligible so they gave me the paperwork, and I applied for compassionate use. I was approved for 2 months. I took it, and it has helped decrease my hyper sensitivity (allodynia) a lot. My doctor requested an extension and the FDA approved me for another year. There are no side effects that I have experienced so far and it is very safe from what I hear. Its been effective in Japan for 40 years!

I'm new here so just to tell you a little bit about myself, I developed in my shoulder my RSD after a major shoulder surgery.

Hope this helps.

Linz
musicgirl757 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lisa in Ohio (03-23-2012)