View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was nervous too. I have some degeneration and spurs in my neck vertebrae and I will not ever let a chiro crack my neck again. It's been years since my last neck adjustment. But nucca is a completely different approach. I can't swear by results yet because I just had my first treatment. But I do have a lot of respect for the logical side of this process. It's based on physics and geometry and anatomy. The point where the mild pressure is placed is behind your ear and I could not even feel the slight movement that it caused. I also feel confident with the xray proof.

Perhaps do a pros and cons list to help figure out if it is worth trying. And if you decide to do it, find someone you feel you can trust. Maybe someone you know can recommend a nucca dr to you. Another thing is maybe research where nucca adjustment pressure is is applied vs. Where the main arteries run. Are they as close as when a snap and twist adj is done on a lower part of neck?

My medical doc is very against the traditional chiro work of snapping the neck. She knows I see dr Tony for active release and she is ok with that. In fact I don't even use the term chiro with her. Don't get me wrong, I trust her, but I also trust my chiro.

My doc has no idea I have started nucca, I'll be letting her know after a couple more nucca visits.

Good luck to you

X-Soccergal
Female, 44 years old. Several concussions over the years - the first was most severe (kicked by horse), recovered well. Last 2 concussions Oct, 2009 and were two weeks apart. I attempted to return to working 12 hrs/wk (working from home), but was unsuccessful. Currently applying for medical disability.

Primary Symptoms: dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, confusion, difficulty focusing attention, headaches, depression, exteme fatigue, some insomnia and occassional speach problems - stammer, halted speach as I try to find the word or thought and using incorrect words. Trouble focusing on conversation if there is other noise around - especially other conversations.

Soccergal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote