View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default rebound headaches/ coq10

Hello!

Just thought I'd share a bit about my experience trying to stop rebound headaches.

After reading a couple of people here mention that they stopped pain pills I was inspired to try myself.

I have very severe headaches, which have been my main problem for the past 2 years. After the acute healing stage, I was taking usually ibuprofen or tylenol daily, usually twice a day. I still suffered and the headaches were never below a four. With exertion and toward the end of the day they can be a nine.

I was reading that it usually takes about a month for the rebound headaches to stop.

I have only done 10 days so far. The first week was sooo horrible and I had to take a tylenol twice and restart my daily count of pill free days. I was on eggshells. I did the least amount of activity possible.

I am taking magnesium and coq10 300 mg alongside my other vitamins. Supposedly it will help..

Please see this article below
http://headaches.about.com/cs/preven...coq10_prev.htm

I am taking it one day at a time because i am in a lot of pain. But, I do notice a difference in my headaches. The main difference is that the tension headache/ gripping headache is not as bad.. but the fire burning feeling is the same.

Is this nerve pain? Any opinions?

I hope to not take daily pain pills... If I can make it.. and maybe take imitrex for emergency situations. Does anyone do this?

I will update later. Sorry I have spent too much time on the computer now. Good night and thank you for any thoughts.

Last edited by postconcussion; 03-21-2012 at 01:07 AM.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote