Thread: Sleep Patterns?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker814 View Post
Any Sleep stories?

I am not for one to have broken sleep. The last week I have been woken up in the middle of the night with RSD PAIN. Tonight, I can't sleep cause I am in SO MUCH PAIN. I was fine most of the day. PT was good, I had more movement. I been taking my pills and I was fine, I don't know what happened that I just can't Sleep.

Any suggestions??
Sleep disturbance is one of the hallmarks of progressing CRPS.

Trazadone is an old standard workhorse drug to help with both pain and sleep. It is well tolerated by most patients and has low side effects. Dosage usually starts at 50 mg and can go up to 150 mg at bedtime.

I am extremely sensitive to most drugs but could tolerate Trazadone. Sleep medications will not slow the progression of CRPS, just help to manage the symptoms. I took Trazadone for two years and stayed at the 50 mg. level. It is not a long term solution, however. Typically one would build up a tolerance to that level and need to increase the dosage for the same relief. I was an unusual case in that I took Trazadone for two years and stayed at the 50mg. level Trazadone also helped with other symptoms of disease progression such as night sweats, and rapid heart rate.

Trazadone did not help my other progressing symptoms such as dystonia and color change.

I stopped taking Trazadone (and most other meds) very soon after I began tDCS treatments when sleep improved, dystonia vanished and color changes greatly improved.

If you get a chance take a look at Hooshmand's website, particularly his puzzles section. That is where I first learned of Trazadone since pain management docs seem to recommend newer drugs with side more effects. The website will also provide you with some tips on treatments to avoid due to risk of spread like Spinal Cord Stimulators.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ballerina; 03-21-2012 at 07:05 AM.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote