Thread: Sleep Patterns?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As the others said...sleep problems are pretty normal. All last year (after my RSD spread and got worse) I was not able to sleep more than 20 minutes together and would be up sometimes for hours in between. My new doctor started me on Amitriptyline...just one at bedtime and since I started that I have been able to regularly get 3-4 ours of sleep all together. It still doesn't sound like a lot but it is SO much better than what I was getting before. I hope tDCS is able to help my sleep like it has for ballerina because the Amitriptyline is the only pill I take these days (off everything else after I had bad interactions between meds) and it would be nice to not have to take it. I seriously worry about the long term side effects of what all these daily meds could be doing to my body...and me only 28 now (25 when the RSD started). A year after I first got RSD I had to go to the ER for a kidney stone and they found a mass on my liver. It wasn't caused by the meds (at least we don't think it was) and it wasn't anything to worry about but it started me thinking and worrying about stuff like that. I will take the meds if they could give me the quality of life and really made an impact...but most barely touch the pain and I don't want to go to anything stronger. But the sleep thing was killing me...so the Amitriptyline is worth it (for now). But if I can get to a point where I can stop it then nothing would make me happier...seriously. I still wish I could get more sleep...sucks waking up between 2am-4am (depending on when I fall asleep) because there's just not a whole lot to do that time of night...oh well. There are worse tragedies and I am just grateful for the 3-4 hours of consecutive sleep I get now.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote