View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,
I tried Imitrex few times. Did nothing for my pain/dull headaches/dizziness. Good news is I didn't have any side effects.

3 weeks ago I felt palpitations/pain/dizziness while driving so I went to ER. ER doc did a CT scan and found nothing. They know my history so they don't leave anything for a chance.

They tried toradol (usually given after surgery) and did nothing much for my symptoms. Then they want to try some morphin derivative which is very powerful. I said no and ER doc explained it can help to break the pain cycle and never thought my pain can be that bad. So I agreed.

Drug hit me even while they injecting the shot. Now I can understand why people get addicted to pain killers

That was first time ever I felt close to normal in about 3 years. Symptoms came down a lot I was able to think clearly, talk clearly and no stimulation bothered me. All symptoms came back next once the medicine gone from the system ofcourse.

Neurologist now trying Trileptal and wants me to get some shots in my neck, spine and head after my PT. I found a new PT in the same hospital who is doing Cranio sacral therapy, myofascial pain release and healing touch for pain and it does help so far. May be shots (botox etc.,) can give more symptom free days? That probably is going to be next trial after PT gets tired of me.

My Neurologist also gave some Codeine Sulfate for pain when symptoms gets worse and so far I tried only twice and it only touches my symptoms very slightly. I don't want to increase the dosage since I can clearly see the trouble with pain killers.
postconcussion (03-21-2012)