10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Mrs. D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Centrum Senior or Costco's generic for it are both very good
mineral supplements.

The Costco brand for Centrum Senior was #1 rated from Consumer Reports recently. Both are Iron free. That is important for older females and for males especially.

That is what we use.
Just noticed this post regarding the Centrum Senion and that it is Iron Free. You say that is important of older females and males. I am 73 and husband 78 and our daily multivitamin has in Bold letters With Iron. It shows 18mg.s Iron = 100%. I did not realize, as we get older Iron is not a good idea. Am I correct in this assumption?

Also noticed your mentioning magnesium is good for circulation. I have edema and Statsis Dermatatis of the feet, ankles and legs. The ankles has many broken blood vessels. I had an ultrasound and there isn't any clotting or serious problems detected because of this. My doctor tells me to elevate my feet and wear compression stockings. I have tried and because of the burning PN in those areas, the sock add terribly to the pain and am unable to keep them on.
For the circulation; what would be a good amount of Magnesuim to take. Currently have a bottle of the Chelated Magnesium 200mg+, but as of yet, have not taken any.
As always, thank you,

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote