View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

CRPSjames Great post.

I over a 2 year span went to 6 PM Dr.s who all on my first visit told me that I need a SCS to fix my pain. What was bad was that they are all saying the SCS will cure my CRPS pain not help only a certain amount like 50%. Funny thing when I ask each dr. for references not one would come up with any nun, nuder, nill. But all these dr.s could get me in for the trail within days.

I can't even take getting blocks without it spreading to where they did the injections, neck, upper back, lower back, and arm pit. I know these SCS work for folks that have failed back surgeries where the the pain stays in that area but it was never intended to be used on people with CRPS/RSD where you stub a toe and the pain has moved in forever or getting a injection in your hip and they hit a nerve or bone only to cause pain that will never go away. I have read on here and other sites where they implanted the SCS with several leads to work on the R. foot, L. upper leg, L. wrist, and R neck. A few months go by and the only body parts that the SCS is working on is a little toe that was never meant to be covered but all the areas that it should be working on nothing. The reps & pm drs. are trying to cover too many areas all at once with the SCS.

Thanks james for the truth about the SCS and I hope a lot more folks with crps/rds will reconsider having one implanted that needs coverage in several areas all at the same time.
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-22-2012), ginnie (03-21-2012), Mark56 (03-22-2012)